Monday, September 16, 2013

Need…to slow down…SERIOUSLY!

Us diva’s with a FIERCE mindset SERIOUSLY think we are INVINCIBLE.  I often visualize myself as SUPERWOMAN – tough, toned, and FIERCE.  If you were to see me out on any given day, I would probably be flying about in my FIERCE car and invisible cape and shield.



It’s ridiculous how much “STUFF” we put on our “plates.” Let’s see…12 mile run, weight-lifting, work on new project, market new idea that popped into my head at 3 am, girls to the park, get cupcakes, trip to the mall, make the house perfect, move to Alaska.  Oops, did I forget eating? Oh yeah, and that online class I was supposed to sign-up for to improve my career.  SERIOUSLY ?? When do you sit down and smell the roses?  Or whatever it is you want to smell. No wonder we have issues falling asleep at night.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves we are HUMAN and need time to slow down and just be ourselves.  Just because you have a DIVA mindset that you can do anything, does NOT mean you CAN actually DO IT.  And that’s okay. Even Sarah Jessica Parker in “I Don’t Know How She Does It” had enough sense to realize that at some point, “Something’s Gotta Give  (Jack Nicholson).“
We should all take a note from SJP and pledge to take a moment each day to slow down and just be ourselves.  Because SERIOUSLY, you can’t be your FIERCEST if you’re raggedy and worn all the time. Because our “STUFF” ain’t going nowhere.  It will be there tomorrow…or the next day…or the next day.

SERIOUSLY…Take a moment to SLOW DOWN and just be YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment