Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year - New YOU!

New Year – New You!
The start of a new year is always exciting– it allows you to start over and reflect on the past year’s accomplishments and failures and look for ways to improve your life.   It is the time to tackle old challenges and start anew.
A lot of our resolutions on our to-do list focus on accomplishing all the FAILED tasks we BELIEVE should have been accomplished in the previous year.  These goals are great because they keep us motivated and working towards self-improvement in the New Year, but leave little time to really care for ourselves and just enjoy life.   
I am definitely guilty of creating exhausting, daunting “to-do” list of things I am convinced I “SHOULD HAVE” achieved in the previous year- cook more and eat out less, improve my finances, have more positive experiences and relationships, travel to new places,  try new activities, eat healthy and maintain physical activity, improve my career, go to grad school, etc.  You get the point.  
Yes, these are things I look to accomplish in 2014, but what about just enjoying life?  This year, my #1 resolution is going to be focusing on self-care and just enjoying life to its fullest.   Because when you are enjoying life and happy, then all those tasks on your “to-do” list appear less taxing and challenging. 
I hope everyone remembers to include self-care and enjoy life in their New Year’s resolutions and best wishes to a FANTASTIC and FULFILLING 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment