Tuesday, October 1, 2013

20th Women’s Distance Festival 5K - Raleigh, NC

Sorry so late on posting on this event!  I am working and juggling a million other tasks, and getting behind on the things I LOVE the MOST!  Anywho…On Saturday, September 21st, I had the privilege of running the 20th Women’s Distance Festival 5K in Raleigh, NC.  The course took place on the beautiful Dorothea Dix campus in Raleigh, NC. The weather was PERFECT for this FANTASTIC event that partnered with InterAct, a group that provides domestic violence awareness.  InterActs mission is to provide safety and support to victims and survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault and to promote violence-free relationships and communities through collaboration, public information, and advocacy.
Unfortunately, I was RUNNING late to this event, so my timing of 35:27 doesn’t come close to my last 5k running time of 21:00.  I seem to be able to RUN any COURSE, but when it comes to DRIVING, I lose all sense of DIRECTION.  I SERIOUSLY need to become BETTER acquainted with my GPS or just plan to RUN wherever I need to go!  Although late, I still ran because this is a GREAT cause I am truly EXCITED about supporting.
The LADIES from the NCRR Women’s Beginner’s Running Program also came out in FULL FORCE to support this event.  The NCRR Women’s Beginner’s Running Program is 10-week program that prepares women of all fitness levels to prepare for a 5k in late September.  It was great to see these ladies working TOGETHER as a TEAM to complete the race and I plan to get a TEAM of LADIES out in 2014 to support this FANTASTIC cause and event!

No comments:

Post a Comment